First Entry!

First Entry!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Final GAME Post

Devising my GAME plan has really been a great experience. I was able to learn a lot about my style of teaching, what I was lacking, the direction I needed to head towards, and I also learned about my technology style of teaching. In addition to the need for more quality professional development (which is something I think the entire class was looking for) I also saw a need to incorporate more and more technology into my day to day instruction. My students need to stay one step ahead of technology if at all possible. To accomplish this, I need to expose them to as much as possible and on a weekly basis.

Creating the GAME plan unit for Science in the area of matter was a great time as well. Being able to use a new lesson plan format really showed me where I needed to have just the right amount of technology and text combinations. My lessons were well mapped out, I took my time, and created a lesson that was worthwhile to my class. In addition, I now have one less unit to plan for next school yer, so a definite bonus.

My learning for this course was changed and shaped by the GAME format, something at first I admit I was not too crazy about, but it grew on me. The format allows for creation of lessons that are clear, concise, and formatted for problem-based learning, the direction I was headed for anyway, I just arrived a little less stressed and earlier than planned. I will be creating more lessons using the GAME lesson plan format.

It is my hope as we move further and further into the technological age that some of the restrictions will be lessened to allow my younger students the chance to use Wiki's and blogs. Digital storytelling is a great way to demonstrate learning, introduce a new unit, or to just have some plain old fun with. Providing my students with as many opportunities as possible will only make them more ready for the real-world. They need to know how to properly use the technology that is at their finger tips, to me that is a key factor when creating lessons. Show them all the ways, not just one.

I value the experience gained in this course as it has taught me many valuable lessons and provided wonderful ideas.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards based approach. (Laureate ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment