First Entry!

First Entry!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monitoring progress within the GAME plan

I am building quite the pile of books to read over the summer, but I would like to attend more meetings or professional development than just read. Don't get me wrong, a lot can be gained from reading, but I feel that more information can be gained from person to person contact and instruction. I have my eyes and ears open to see what others are taking this summer. My district is offering a few days over the summer and I will be attending every day that applies to me and my position next year. I am moving into technology full time next school year, so my focus will be a little different and I will be finding new lessons that incorporate more technology. I want my students to walk away knowing far more than when they walked in.

What are some of you going to be taking over the summer in the area of professional development?? Do any of you know any great websites that are offering webinars?? I will take all the information that I can acquire.

I have started to keep a note book so I can write down all my thoughts and future plans the minute they occur. It is that time of year when you are looking ahead to the future and of course you want to be prepared. In the past when I have had ideas I never wrote them down, after learning the hard way, I want to be better prepared. I also do the same with websites and programs that I come across. This way I can check them out at a later date. One of my bigger plans is to really demostrate to my students more digital text, we are going to break down the ways in which it is read and how to get the most out of it. I want them to be able to look at a site and within the first minute know if that is the site for them.

My GAME plan is heading in the right direction and I am very thankful for that. My biggest concern is locating appropriate professional development that will lead me in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. The direction I will be moving next year will be the implementation of more flipped classroom techniques. I also plan to utilize a class wiki for students to create their own textbooks. I have learned about most of these two topics simply for reading about them on the web, and attending two seminars (one from each website listed below).

    http://vodcasting.ning.com/

    http://www.teachersfortomorrow.net/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you for trying to stay abreast of all that information! I have the same problem of trying to write down ideas and resources I want to review later. I subscribe to emails from some educational websites, but I never have the time to read them. These websites have some archived webinars you may find useful:
    http://www.edutopia.org/webinar
    http://www.eschoolnews.com/events/webinars/
    My sister is lucky to be going to the ISTE conference in San Diego this year. For those of us who are unable to go, ISTE offers some options for participating remotely:
    http://www.isteconference.org/2012/program/participate_remotely.php
    Hope these sites help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate when you have a great idea and you are sure that since it will make such an impact there is no way you will forget it and than you do because you didn't write it down? I know all too well what you mean about learning the hard way when you have thought about something but failed to write it down and than later you can't remember any of the details to carry it all out. I think you are really motivated and I can tell from your post that you are excited about your GAME plan. Moving into technology full time will be awesome I think because technology always seems to amaze me. Good luck on your hunt to find professional development that you are looking for. It can be a difficult task sometimes.

    ReplyDelete